SOLD OUT | Wine Tasting at TMORA: The Origin, The Wines of Georgia
Thursday, November 17 from 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm$80
The Museum of Russian Art (TMORA) and France 44 Wine & Spirits have partnered together
to present an incredible series of wine tastings in the Main Gallery of the Museum!
Join us for an exclusive after-hours experience featuring a Sommelier-led deep-dive class set amongst the artworks along with private after-hours viewing of the exhibitions and shopping at TMORA Shop.
The third class of the series focuses on one of the most ancient winemaking regions in the world: Georgia. After perusing the museum with a welcome beverage in hand, you’ll taste through a flight of Georgian wines in the main exhibition of the museum. We’ll explain how their generational wine techniques persevered through the Soviet era, what a Qvevri is (and how many people can fit inside the largest ones), and why fermenting wine underground leads to some of the most complex and interesting wines.
Thursday, November 17 | 6:00 – 8:30 PM
Each ticket to the class will include:
- Pre-class Happy Hour with full, after-hours access to TMORA’s art exhibits
- Hour-long class and discussion on Georgian wines, with accompanying wine flight
- Individual Cheese Plate ala France 44 Cheese Shop
Other need to know details:
- The Museum of Russian Art has ample parking across the street (in the Mayflower Church parking lot) and is wheelchair accessible.
- Participants must be 21 years old.
- Tickets are non-refundable. If you cannot attend a class you have registered for, registration is transferable to another France 44 class through Dojour.
- All classes are subject to minimum enrollment. If a class is cancelled, we’ll notify you 48 hours in advance.
- Please notify France 44 with any dietary restrictions or preferences.
- For the safety of our staff and guests, we strongly recommend that all attendees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.