This exhibition features 54 extraordinary icons from the Yaroslavl Art Museum. The treasured, and once venerated icons on view were painted in the 17th and 18th centuries, considered “The Golden Age” of Yaroslavl’s cultural and commercial life. Separating the exquisite icons of Yaroslavl from others of the same period is the highly decorative quality, the free composition, the mass of architectural detail and lavishly decorated robes to tell a story through a common symbolic language.
- "Windows on the old world," Russian Icons, Star Tribune, December 5, 2008
- Interview with Curator Maria Zavialova, Transcendent Art, Where Magazine, November 2008
- TMORA New Exhibit Party, Scene + Heard, Twin Cities Luxury + Fashion Magazine, November 2008
- "Art beat: The vivid colors of Russian history," Southwest Journal, October 20, 2008
- "An unlikely trove of Russian icons," Boston Globe, October 7, 2008